Trimark United East
Years with company: 21 Years
Director of Design. The Interior Design Department does not require much direction. Our valuable Trimark Team consists of unusually talented and capable professional women. They are all highly motivated, dedicated and proficient in their area of expertise.
Robert Collins, senior vice-president of contract sales.
Education degree and professional/volunteer affiliates:
- B.A. Psychology, Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Interior Design, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, R.I. (Adult Education)
Mentors and how have they assisted you in your career:
My family, who were always supportive and proud of my accomplishments.
The Halpern, Bean and Goldberg family members who owned and operated United Restaurant Equipment Company. They offered me my first interior design position after I graduated from college. At that time I worked with Jerry Hyman when he was a salesman. Now he is president of the Trimark USA Companies located throughout the United States. His vision of success and business savvy have allowed him to stay the course over many years of company change and growth. I am thankful to be part of his many accomplishments.
What are you most proud of in your career achievements or a defining moment of your career to date?
- Project openings when clients, guests, and all disciplines involved are happy, relaxed and proud of the completed interior design.
- Specific industry awards and commendations:
- The first time that I designed our Boston restaurant show booth and we won “Best of Show.”
- Interior Design recognition from my company and our vendors on completion of the new Trimark United East Headquarters in South Attleboro, Mass.
- To date I am honored by the Griffin Report’s nomination of “A Women of Influence in the Food Industry for 2010.”
Most challenging part of your job:
To satisfy client design objectives on time and within budget.
Thoughts or advice for upcoming younger executives:
Remain positive, flexible and focused. Although rewarding, interior design is hard work and very demanding. Think “out of the box,” there is always another creative solution.
Ballroom dancing, all forms of exercise and sports, boating and fashion design. Signature perfume creation and celebrating holidays and major sporting events with family and friends.
- Jody Adams
- Cathy Barber
- Laura Batcha
- Sheree Beissner
- Ann Marie Burke
- Shavonne Clark
- Celeste Contois
- Carla Cooper
- Trudy Cooper
- Tammy DeBoer
- Leeann Dias
- Tanya Domier
- Joanne Dwyer
- Sandra Estep
- Kathleen Ferguson
- Hillary Fleming
- Gwen Forman
- Lisa Foster
- Susanne Greelish
- Patricia Hill
- Joyce Hoben
- Natalie Houder
- Lisa Kamer
- Mary Kellmanson
- Jamielee King
- Andrea McKenna
- Karen Meleta
- Erica Auciello Murphy
- Sharon Rossi
- Neesha Seervai
- Kristi Strickland
- Suzanne Staples
- Elisa Shannon